A social bookmarking service is an effective tool for submitting your content to various public social bookmarking sites such as Digg, Delicious, and Stumbleupon. Once the URL for your sites appears on a social bookmarking site, it is available for the public to view and follow.
Here are the 7 practical reasons why you should invest in a social bookmarking service.
A typical Internet user often bookmarks a web page for ease of access and for future reference. However, the computer has a limited number of spaces for these bookmarks, so there is a limit to the number of pages a user can bookmark. An alternative, which is now widely used, is to use social bookmarking. This is a simple way to save and maintain web pages in an online location for easy use or for future sharing.
2. In recent years, bookmarking has been an integral part of search engine optimization as it easily provides backlinks for users. As a result, this will improve your website’s Page Rank in search engines. Social book markup sites list website links and make them easily accessible. Some of these websites will require you to sign up for a small fee, while others are free to use.
3. Using a social book markup service will help you to quickly improve your website’s ranking in search engines as you submit your website to many other sites at the same time. A service like this is great for website owners who just don’t have enough time to submit their site themselves. This strategy is really simple and easy to do, however like most things it can take some time if you are doing it yourself.
4. As mentioned above, social bookmarking is one of the best methods to receive more backlinks and generate traffic to your website. These backlinks are considered one-way and therefore carry more weight in search engines. Increasing the quality of the return links to your website will improve the evaluation of your site’s page rank in search engines. This would have the advantage of giving you more exposure to advertise your business.
5. The number of visitors to your site will increase rapidly when you use a bookmarking service. Once your site is listed, the business community you are in will have a better chance of viewing your site and rating your product. This is especially true when your blog content is tagged on these sites. Therefore, you are guaranteed to receive real feedback on the content and quality of your blog, as well as on your product.
6. With advertising, this strategy can also help develop stronger relationships between you and your customers. You can easily spread news about your company and share useful business information with them. There is also the advantage of being able to earn the trust of potential customers. Since people like to do business with people they trust, a social bookmarking strategy is an effective way to open up opportunities to work with people in the same profession or who have common interests with you.
7. By providing useful and relevant information to your visitors, social bookmarking will help increase your brand awareness, which in turn will increase the demand for your product. This is a great strategy to include when launching new products and creating a unique identity for your brand.
As you can see, the benefits of including a social bookmarking strategy in your overall marketing plan can be very beneficial to your business. It is a relatively easy and inexpensive way to drive more traffic to your site and increase your sales and brand awareness.