Although carpet and hardwood have been at the forefront of the flooring world for decades, tile is fast becoming a mainstay in homes, apartments, and office buildings around the world. While carpet is associated with comfort and hardwood is associated with elegance, neither flooring option matches the overall versatility of tile. In addition to being easy to maintain and clean, tiles have connections to both beauty and safety.
A closer look at the benefits of tile installation will show commercial property owners and managers alike why this unique floor covering is more popular today than ever.
• From a financial standpoint, tile is notably less expensive than hardwood, and while carpet is often cheaper than tile, the maintenance and replacement fees attached to carpet make it more expensive than long-term tile. term.
• Tile is perhaps the easiest flooring material to maintain. Carpet fibers will invariably pick up allergens and other aggressive toxins that can be dangerous to the health of the whole family. Hardwood, on the other hand, has a tendency to change color and warp when exposed to liquids and humid climates.
• In addition, the tile is fully resistant to water damage, making it the perfect choice for kitchens and bathrooms.
• Spilling wine or any other colored liquid on the carpet will often force homeowners to completely replace the flooring. If the same liquid is spilled on the tiles, a mop and towels will leave the floor gleaming.
• Most of the tiles installed today are covered with a thin non-slip coating that will prevent dangerous slip and fall accidents.
• Tiles are available in virtually all sizes, colors, shapes, and designs. No matter how unique a home’s interior design is, there is a tile that can match and enhance the overall appearance of the home.
Anyone considering replacing their current flooring with tile should consult with a tile installation specialist to learn more about how tile can enhance the look and value of their home.